Saturday, April 26, 2008

Becoming an international financier

I wrote recently about my first Kiva loan. This week I made 4 more loans to entrepreneurs in developing countries! I got some money for my birthday (thank you, Poppy!) and decided to loan it out to others who can make great use of it. I loaned $25 each to: Elizabeth's group in the Dominican Republic, Heng Yath in Cambodia, a group of 11 women farmers in Samoa, and Tahmina Azizova in Tajikistan. And, I got a notice that Edina in Tanzania made her first loan payment. Once she pays it all back (3 more months) I will be able to loan the funds out to someone else. I just think Kiva is fantastic -- a really innovative use of technology that allows you and me to do good things in the world. Give it a try!

2 comments:

CC said...

This is the post that made you famous, 'eh?

jenny_lisk said...

We'll find out tomorrow :) Who knows, it may be a very short clip after it gets through the editing process!